Tuesday, December 4, 2012

REFERRAL

June 22nd 2012


I was painting walls today in the house and my phone rings.  I didn’t answer it bc I didn’t recognize the number.  Well they left a voicemail.  So I called and listened to it.  And it was Cyndi saying “We think we have a referral for you!  Call me back”!  Not even 24 hours since we passed court and we had a referral!!!”  My heart was about to beat out of my chest.  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.  So she said she would send pictures over.  She told me that our little girl was in an orphanage that they have never adopted from before in Katana.  She said she has a very prominent umbilical hernia and that Julia has seen her in person and says you look healthy and you’re a doll.  She also said her blood tests all came back negative for HIV and Hep B and c.  However the sickle cell test wasn’t there or wasn’t done.  So we won’t know about the sickle cell until you are in Kinshasa and can get it done. But if we aren’t concerned about those things then we can start the process.  I got Colin on the phone and out of my mind excited told him we were about to get our first pictures of her!! WE HAD A REFERRAL!  He was totally shocked and couldn’t believe it.  I told him I’d call when I got the email of pictures.  I think I hung up and was painting like a maniac!  I called my mom and told her I was about to get my first picture of her!  That was such a long wait for that email.  I glanced over at the laptop a trillion times checking to see if it had come yet.  Then Colin called and asked if I got it yet.  While on the phone with him it came!  He wasn’t at a computer so he let me open the email while I was with him.  The pictures took SOOOOOOO LONG to download. I was going CRAZY!  Then there she was!!!  Frowny faced and ADORABLE as can be. She looked so different in each picture and it is such a surreal moment to see your baby girl for the first time.  There was a picture at the bottom where she is stunningly beautiful with huge gorgeous eyes and a perfect little nose and ears.  And I was just IN LOVE.  I knew that she was just meant to be our little girl.  Colin was very emotional of course and we just had happy tears and couldn’t believe it.  Then the day went like a whirlwind.  I had to call EVERYONE and tell them all that WE HAVE A PICTURE!!!  Everyone just fell in love with her instantly.  I text messaged the rest of the family and friends that have been involved in the adoption and announced that we have a picture!  It was so unexpected and so perfect.  And she is so perfect and stunning. Her name at the orphanage is Regine Marie. Her nickname has been Zola since the home study. So now we just call her a little bit of everything. But it doesn't matter because WE ARE IN LOVE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment