Tuesday, December 4, 2012

HOME STUDY PROCESS

Feb. 23rd 2012 - June 21st 2012

All I can say is I have never checked the mail so much in my life. Getting a home study approved in Arizona is the longest process EVER.  16 weeks through the lovely court system waiting for a judge to sign your documents. My suggestion is choose another place to live. People say you definitely learn to be patient in times like these.  I don't think I learned to be patient... I just didn't have a choice! Pretty soon I found myself boycotting the mail box. Not even wanting to put myself through the disappointment of opening it up to find nothing but junk and bills. Very mature I know....LOL. It really became pathetic. The day I finally decided to get the mail because I didn't want the mailman to be mad at me for no longer getting it.  I for the 1st time wasn't expecting ANYTHING. Isn't that how life works? There it was. My approved home study. I think I cried all the way up the street. I couldn't wait to be a part of the people that were waiting for a referral. I emailed our case worker Cyndi and told her the news. She had no idea how long it would take for us to get a referral but said she would start trying to match us with one.  We had put in for a little girl age 0-3 years old. I had the feeling that I was going to become an expert at checking my email!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment